Pharmaceuticals Hunter Sales
VP, Business Development – Healthcare/Life Sciences, West Coast, USA
The client is a team of motivated people who value collaboration and innovative thinking. We want to work with talented, ambitious problem solvers who are as excited as we are to develop and sell some seriously cool on-demand research tools. You'll have the opportunity to build something truly unique in the healthcare space, work with an outstanding team, and contribute to a rapidly growing company.
This is a salaried full-time position with Annual/Quarterly bonus based on performance.
This is a remote position based in California, USA or surrounding area.
JOB SUMMARY: The VP, Business Development, is a newly expanded position, not a replacement position, and thus, the strategy and execution needs to ramp very quickly; with all the tools and metrics to define, drive and measure success are in place. This individual needs to be a self-motivated, highly intelligent, persuasive, entrepreneurial-minded person who works well at finding creative ways to succeed, and working well with others.
This role consists of mid and high-level Sales into the Life Sciences companies at the Market Research, CI, Brand/Marketing individuals level, to all existing and newly generated client accounts on the West Coast. A client portfolio of accounts will be assigned to this person. To that end, primary success will be measured on increased levels of New Sales due to your direct efforts, and overall market penetration, expansion and activity into the new and existing client accounts assigned.
In short, we are looking for a challenger sales-person with ground-breaking capabilities and a hands-on, can-do leader with strategic, sales, communication, creative and financial acumen, as well as a strong business intellect to take our client penetration and brand awareness efforts to the next level.
This is a critical role for the client!
1. Successfully achieves territory sales quota by using internal and external
resources to gain access and generate “bookings” at all levels, across existing & new client accounts
2. Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting what best meets their needs
3. Works directly with Client Services on targeted accounts, driving renewals and new sales within those accounts
4. Makes telephone calls, in-person visits, and presentations to existing and
5. Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
6. Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, client service, and technical groups.
7. Creates and manages a key accounts plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share, and value opportunities. Supplying management with oral and written reports in saleforce.com on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
8. Competently work with Salesforce.com and Insight Squared to generate
appropriate reporting and analytics
9. Other sales activities as assigned.
MUST HAVE TALENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Our ideal candidate possesses tremendous sales, communication, negotiating and leadership skills, with proven success and documented relationship & access to our desired client segments.
Personal Characteristics – Candidate must be able to work in a team environment and be self-motivated, inquisitive, articulate, communicative and interested in growing as the company grows:
Remote on the West Coast
UNITED STATES of AMERICA
Possible extension for: