Researcher Quantitative Qualitative
ASSOCIATE RESEARCH DIRECTOR
The Associate Research Director position requires a dynamic, talented person who enjoys exceptional client servicing, strategic thinking, creating compelling insights from data, and team leadership. It is a senior position with management responsibilities. The ideal candidate will utilize their experience to execute multiple mixed-mode research projects simultaneously, guiding a team of managers and analysts.
The Associate Director has a responsibility to assist with proposals and research project design, manage and mentor their direct reports, and write thoughtful, story-driven and compelling research results. The Associate Director should feel comfortable interacting with clients in both working sessions as well as the reporting of results under the guidance of the Research Director. While reporting directly to the Research Director, further career development for this role will occur through direct lines of communication with the Managing Director and Chief Strategy Officer.
A successful Associate Director would excel at the following:
• You are constantly inquisitive with the dynamic sensibility of a journalist. You are naturally curious, with a love for going beyond the obvious and the mental agility to look for the best solutions from multiple perspectives. You are comfortable developing insights to influence solutions, pulling together crisp narratives that inspire action.
• You are a strategic thinker who can translate findings into strategic learnings and recommendations for clients.
• You are able to anticipate client needs and questions before they arise.
• You are comfortable contributing to client presentations.
• You have a desire for self-improvement and seek out personal growth opportunities.
• You are an awesome organizer with exceptional attention to detail. You are proactive and forward-thinking with a high level of project and team management skills, with the ability to identify data quality issues as well as resolve those issues with support staff and vendors.
• You have a passion for understanding how consumers interact with brands today, the role brands play in people’s lives, and the ability to translate this into action.
• You fully understand the project management needs within the research process – from questionnaire development to analysis.
• You enjoy working in a collaborative, team-first environment.
• You are skilled at multitasking and balancing multiple projects and priorities.
• You are inventive, resourceful, and willing to learn new techniques.
• You have a desire to continually challenge yourself and aspire to exceed client expectations.
• Proven ability to manage teams remotely as our office is now fully virtual with staff across multiple time zones.
The ideal candidate will have:
• At least 8 years of supplier-side market research experience using a variety of quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
• Must have experience implementing different quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
• Is self-motivated, well-organized, and detail-oriented go-getter who can work independently on client servicing, quality control, and project execution.
• Must have a proven track record of successful vendor management and the ability to solve difficult logistical problems.
• A strong ability to combine multiple data sources to create a clear and cohesive story-driven analysis.
• Must have very high client service and quality control standards.
• Can manage and mentor support staff in accordance with company values and policies.
• The ability to quickly assess and manage shifting priorities and communicate these with their
team and management.
• Strong communication skills and comfort communicating in a variety of ways both internally and externally.
• Strong writing skills and the ability to craft insightful, story-driven reports and POVs from data analysis. Can guide support members on writing and story development.
• Has full knowledge of the Microsoft and Google suite of productivity tools (Excel, Sheets,
PowerPoint, Slides, etc.) and can easily navigate different data sets – from Excel tabs to SPSS to online data portals.
Key to this position is an exceptional work ethic, ability to support and drive company growth, commitment to developing and mentoring one’s team, and superior client servicing skills. The ideal candidate will be inspired by our fluid and dynamic structure, motivated to build the business and take
great satisfaction in employee growth and development. A great sense of humor and easy-going attitude are essential.
A career opportunity at this client offers competitive wages, and benefits such as:
• Flexible working environment (Candidate need not be located in the Southern California area; we currently have a fully remote office)
• Health and Dental
• Life, Accident and Disability Insurance
• Prescription Plan
• Vision Plan
• 401k Plan and Match
• Paid Holidays and Vacation
• Sick Days and Personal Days
The company was founded in 2010 born from an idea that there was a way to do things differently – both in our work and in our culture. They have become an industry thought leader not only in our approach to research but also in our approach to project management and employee engagement.
Articles and papers written by our team have appeared in AMA, Forbes, Quirks, ESOMAR, and other publications. We proudly partner with a mix of global clients, challenger brands, government agencies, and startups. Our perspective on the rise of promiscuous shopping informs our research design and brings fresh, relevant insights to our clients.
Our success is built upon very strong client relationships nurtured through excellent service, attention to detail and commitment to quality. We believe executing quality research is a commodity in our industry. Our attention to partnering with our clients on strategy sets us apart from more traditional research shops. The people that thrive at Alter Agents are ambitious, motivated collaborators who are looking to build something unique and lasting and propel their careers to the next level.
Please note that the client is currently a work-from-home company, but the candidate must be willing to permanently work Pacific Time hours.
Remote in USA
UNITED STATES of AMERICA
Possible extension for: